Wednesday, March 6

Black Weirdo of the Week 5: Erik Blood



Name: 
Erik Blood

From
Tacoma, WA

Mini Bio
Came to life in 1976 to the sound of Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band and the scent of Kool Kings. Devoted myself to music before my cognitive memory began. I live to create the sounds in my mind through myself and the like-minded. Co-conspirators include THEESatisfaction,
 Shabazz Palaces, Moondoggies, Vox Mod, OC Notes, Sephanie, 
Crypes, and on and on and on... 

What is your craft/career/creative expression? 
 Studio is home, stage is work. I use my voice to it's limits and any instrument that I can touch to channel the sounds I hear in my head to tape or digital media 

How long have you been working at your craft? 
my whole life, literally

Why do you consider yourself a Black Weirdo? 
I've lived forever on the outside of every community I'm supposed to belong in 
(black, gay, music) that I've stopped seeing/feeling the lines that define them. 
I feel more a part of everyone as an outsider.

Links/Social Media
Website: www.erikblood.com 
Twitter: @erikblood

Upcoming events/ projects?
 Played some songs for the benefit show Dancing on the Valentine at Neumos on Feb 9th. 
Working on an album collaboration with OC Notes and 
playing in his band at Sasquatch.

Why We Love Erik Blood:

We've been blessed to know Erik. Meeting him at a very early THEESat show in the park (2009). Since then we've been great friends and collaborators.