Wednesday, February 20

Black Weirdo of the Week 3: OC Notes


Name: 
 Otis Calvin III

From
Tucson, Arizona

Mini Bio
 Everyone's life is a movie is a movie. Mine is an academy award winner. 
I was born in 1985. I've been makin' music since I was a kid.

What is your craft/career/creative expression? 
Musician/Artist/DJ/Magician/Amateur Astrologer

How long have you been working at your craft? 
My whole life

Why do you consider yourself a Black Weirdo? 
I'm black & there is no one like me.  I pull off crazy shit.  I guess I'd say I'm weird 
because ive never really fit in anywhere.  
I only fit in with extremely real people that are completely aware 
and comfortable with themselves and operate off the love principle. 
If thats not your vibe than your gonna think im weird. 
Which is how im percieved by a lot of people. So I guess thats one 
of the things that makes me a black weirdo

Links/Social Media: 
Website: www.ocnotes.net  
Bandcamp: http://ocnotes.bandcamp.com
Twitter:  @ocnotes

Upcoming events/ projects?
I'm droppin a ton of new music this year. As far as events go, im hoping to play a lot of 
festivals this year, I just played in NY with THEESatisfaction at SOB's on Jan 31st.
 I want to play as many places outside of Seattle as I can this year. 
That's my goal for the immediate future.

Why We Love OCNotes:
Our brother Otis is a true genius. His musical catalogue is vast & heavy. His spirit is warm 
and inviting. He thrives on honesty and integrity. His music places us closer to our 
ancestors and our future selves. He is a loving father 
to his beautiful daughter Bella.